Join us for our training, workshops, classes, pop-up events, and more!
The T.R.Y. method provides all level “do no harm” yoga-based trainings which have been developed to help individuals and organizations understand, develop and utilize the specific tools which will help to relieve the effects of stress, anxiety and trauma. Our trainings are built from a foundation of four essential themes: experiencing the present moment (presence), exercising choice (empowerment), taking effective action (resilience), and creating internal rhythms and positive affirmations (mindfulness)
T.R.Y. workshops are always OPEN TO ALL caregivers, be it at home, professionally, or for oneself. Offering techniques for both on and off the mat. Trainees will walk away with new tools and the knowledge of the science behind those tools. Only 3 of the 20-hour training are spent moving on our mats and those are optional and may be spent in observation.
• T.R.Y. posture sequence
• A.C.E. ‘s and Resilience
• Psychology of trauma
• Breathwork for trauma & resilience
• Self-care for compassion fatigue
• How to work with diverse groups of people
• Spectrum of mobility variations
• Appropriate verbiage in class
• Appropriate touch in class
• Personality dynamics
• Setting up healthy boundaries and much more!
These hours may apply to CEU’s for Yoga Alliance yoga instructors.
TRY is offering this training at $286 for the early registration prior to July 23rd, after July 23rd at low price of $386
This 20-hour weekend intensive is great for anyone who; has experienced trauma, cares for someone who has experienced trauma, counselors of trauma, or yoga teachers who want to expand their skills into trauma-sensitive yoga. This training will prepare you to work with populations in crisis who have experienced trauma. We will identify the obstacles and rewards of teaching yoga, meditation, and breathing techniques to these vulnerable populations. You will acquire new tools that will help you to help yourself and others heal through trauma of the past.
You will learn:
– diversity training
– personality dynamics
– psychology of trauma
– how to contain triggers during class
– T.R.Y. sequence
– boundaries during class
– Meditation for trauma
– Mantra timing for trauma
– chair yoga
– dos and don’t on what to say in class
– appropriate touch in class
– setting up healthy boundaries
– holding yourself accountable
– how to work with diverse groups of people
– pranayama for trauma
– coping with compassion fatigue
– what to do next
– plus bonus materials and surprises!
Although T.R.Y. is actively recruiting teachers for multiple positions,whether you decide to continue your work with TRY or branch out on your own, this training will be beneficial to your growth as a person, a counselor or a teacher. This course is certified as continuing education with Yoga Alliance and counts for 20 hours. You do not need to be a certified yoga teacher to attend the course for personal development.
You must attend all classes in order to become certified with TRY.
- Friday August 3rd: 6pm-9pm
- Saturday August 4th: 10am-6pm
- Sunday August 5th 10am-6pm
TRY is offering this training at low price of $386
Support T.R.Y. at this amazing event to include:
- Access to the Mob Museum ALL DAY on Saturday, Sept. 8
- Souvenir mafia lineup photo
- Traditional Italian appetizers, dinner, and dessert
- Drinks and fun a with a wise guy or two
- View the premier T.R.Y. mini documentary!
- Chances to win great raffle prizes or bid on the Silent Auction items!
Join the Community
More questions about our events?
Click here and send us an email with questions about events, or to add an event to our calendar.
T.R.Y. Trauma Recovery Yoga is a socially conscious nonprofit organization changing the world by facilitating self-compassion and global healing through training individuals in the TRY method of yoga science.
Trauma Recovery Yoga · Las Vegas, Nevada · email@example.com · 702-727-7182