Taught by Professional Yoga instructors and experts in the field of trauma-care Open to everyone!
Click here to learn more about our next training!
Adverse Childhood Experience (A.C.E.)
Learn about Adverse Childhood Experience (A.C.E.) and their effects on resilience
Psychology of Trauma
The T.R.Y. method provides all level “do no harm” yoga-based training which has been developed to help individuals and organizations understand, develop and utilize the specific tools which will help to relieve the effects of stress, anxiety, and trauma. Our training is built from a foundation of four essential themes: experiencing the present moment (presence), exercising choice (empowerment), taking effective action (resilience), and creating internal rhythms and positive affirmations (mindfulness).
The Full T.R.Y workshop (20 hrs*)
Our Full T.R.Y. Workshop is open to all caregivers, be it at home, professionally, or for oneself. Offering techniques for both on and off the mat. Trainees will walk away with new tools and the knowledge of the science behind those tools. Only 3 of the 20-hour training are spent moving on our mats and those are optional and may be spent in observation.
- T.R.Y. posture sequence
- A.C.E. ‘s and Resilience
- Psychology of trauma
- Breathwork for trauma & resilience
- Self-care for compassion fatigue
- How to work with diverse groups of people
- Spectrum of mobility variations
- Appropriate verbiage in class
- Appropriate touch in class
- Personality dynamics
- Setting up healthy boundaries
*These hours may apply to CEU’s for Yoga Alliance yoga instructors
Mindful Movements T.R.Y. workshop (6 hrs*)
Our Mindful Movements T.R.Y. workshop is designed for individuals and teams working within our community. This workshop will provide an understanding of childhood trauma and how it is both carried and expressed: physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Childhood trauma and adversity, A.C.E.’s and Resilience
- Meditation for stress relief and resilience
- Breathwork for trauma and resilience
- Self-care for compassion fatigue
- 15 minute and 90 second Mindful Moments
*A portion of these hours may apply to CEU’s for educators and healthcare professionals
Individual T.R.Y. workshops (3-4 hrs*)
These workshops can be cumulative to achieve a 20-hour T.R.Y. certification or taken individually for professional or self-growth.
I: Spectrum of mobility variations for chair/bed/prone- 4 hour
II: T.R.Y. for at-risk youth- 4 hour
III: Psychology of trauma, self-regulation & compassion fatigue- 4 hours
IV: Breath, Meditation, and Mantra- 3 hours
V: T.R.Y. method and posture sequence- 4 hours (must complete I-IV)
*A portion of these hours may apply to CEU’s for educators and healthcare professionals.
Modular T.R.Y. workshops (1-3 hrs)
Our T.R.Y. training modules provide a diverse selection of subject choices designed to be pertinent to your organizations diverse needs. These workshops include multiple subjects which can group together or individually.
- Self-regulation- 1 hour
- Adverse Childhood Experience (A.C.E.) and Resilience- 1 hour
- Meditation for stress relief- 1 hour
- Psychology of trauma- 3 hour
- Breathwork for trauma and resilience- 1 hour
- Self-care for compassion fatigue- 1 hour
Download our Training Flier
T.R.Y. will travel!
If you are interested in bringing our training to your city, we can cooperate with you to do just that. We would need your assistance as the host in your community and if all goes well, your training could be free! Here is what that looks like.
- Host required to find and secure a low-cost space to accommodate our 3-day training (enough open space to accommodate 30 yoga mats with working bathroom(s), air or heat depending on season) T.R.Y. will work with space directly to negotiate payment details. T.R.Y. pays an average 20% of the total enrollments to space.
- Host works with T.R.Y. to fill the training at 400.00 per participant, minimum of 20 enrolled 1 week before the training for T.R.Y. commit to coming. T.R.Y. will provide social media ads and send host flyers to print and promote at local business and yoga studios.
- Host will help T.R.Y. to understand your community, common trauma, social issues, for example in Las Vegas, we have homeless vets, infidelity, drug addiction and the recent mass violence to consider.
T.R.Y. has held workshops all over the United States! Please fill out our Contact form to get this process started!
Join the Community
Ready to Take the Training?
Sign up today, or click to read more about our Scholarship program.
T.R.Y. Trauma Recovery Yoga is a socially conscious nonprofit organization changing the world by facilitating self-compassion and global healing through training individuals in the TRY method of yoga science.
Trauma Recovery Yoga · Las Vegas, Nevada · firstname.lastname@example.org · 702-727-7182